Draw Linear Dimension
You can refer to this tool in any formula, macro, module, or other script in Blockpad. You can use either its name or its full path:
To refer to it by name, use
DrawLinearDimensionTool(make sure the library Library.Tools.Draw is included with Include Libaries)
- To refer to it by its full path, use
With the Draw Linear Dimension tool, you can add dimension labels that show the distance between two points. You can also edit the text box, which has properties similar to a value cell in a spreadsheet.
Use for scaled measurements
Or edit the value like a spreadsheet cell
You can edit a dimension label like editing a spreadsheet cell. So you can type in number or text values directly, or you can enter formulas that perform calculations and reference other values. Enter a formula the same way you do in a spreadsheet: type an equals sign at the beginning.
Reference a dimension label
Insert a linear dimension:
- In a 2D Canvas frame, select the Draw Linear Dimension tool.
- Select the start point.
- Select the end point.
- Select the location for the label.
- Double click the label to edit the text.
- Unlike spreadsheet cells, dimension labels must be named to reference them. This can be done using formula naming
A_1 = 3ftor using the properties window to edit the name property. Also, if you reference an unnamed dimension label with click or copy reference, Blockpad will auto-generate a name.
- Dimension labels have points that you can snap to, like any other geometry object.