With the Draw Linear Dimension tool, you can add dimension labels that show the distance between two points. You can also edit the text box, which has properties similar to a value cell in a spreadsheet.
Use for scaled measurements
Or edit the value like a spreadsheet cell
You can edit a dimension label like editing a spreadsheet cell. So you can type in number or text values directly, or you can enter formulas that perform calculations and reference other values. Enter a formula the same way you do in a spreadsheet: type an equals sign at the beginning.
Reference a dimension label
Insert a linear dimension:
- In a 2D Canvas frame, select the Draw Linear Dimension tool.
- Select the start point.
- Select the end point.
- Select the location for the label.
- Double click the label to edit the text.
- Unlike spreadsheet cells, dimension labels must be named to reference them. This can be done using formula naming
A_1 = 3ftor using the properties window to edit the name property. Also, if you reference an unnamed dimension label with click or copy reference, Blockpad will auto-generate a name.
- Dimension labels have points that you can snap to, like any other geometry object.