Page Break Before
You can refer to this tool in any formula, macro, module, or other script in Blockpad. You can use either its name or its full path:
To refer to it by name, use
PageBreakBeforeProperty(make sure the library Library.Tools.Properties is included with Include Libaries)
- To refer to it by its full path, use
With the Page Break Before property, you can insert page breaks into a report.
The Page Break Before property is used to insert a page break before any paragraph or heading.
Insert a page break:
- Go to the paragraph where you want the page break.
- Open the properties window.
- Under Paragraph, select Page Break After.
- In the dropdown list, select Break.
- Click OK.
Break for minimum space
Page Break Before also has a Break For Minimum Space option where the page breaks only if the paragraph is far enough down the page (as a percentage).
Using this setting in combination with style rules and headings, you can make a document automatically insert a page break before any heading that's far enough down in a page. See the video below.
Use style rules to make page breaks that update:
- Make sure headings have a Heading paragraph type.
- In the toolbar, select Style>Manage Styles.
- In the window that appears, click Add.
- In the Object Type dropdown, select Heading.
- Under Properties, select Page Break Before.
- In the dropdown, select Break for minimum space.
- Set the desired percentage.
- Click OK.
- Close the Styles Manager window.
- Page Break After is another property that can be used for page breaks.