With the Publish Frame tool, you can publish a Blockpad frame to one of your Blockpad libraries.
When you publish a frame to a library, you can reference values in that frame from any Blockpad file, through the library. This includes all value types: numbers, text, functions, arrays, etc. So, you can create a function in a report frame, publish that frame to the library, and then reference that function from any other file through the library.
Publish a frame:
- Have the file you wish to publish from open, and the frame ready.
- Go to Library>Publish Frame.
- In the window that appears, select the file that contains the frame.
- On the right side of the window, select the frame you wish to publish.
- Select the library you wish to publish to.
- Type in a name for the frame.
- Click Publish.
Reference a value stored in a published frame:
- In a formula, type Library.LibraryName.FrameName.ValueName
- The dropdown list will help you after "Library." is typed in.
- If the library is an included library, then "Library.LibraryName." isn't necessary.